WHERE IN THE WORLD IS ERIN? (you can zoom in!!!)

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

So much to do...so little time...

The official countdown is at 44 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes .... just over a month!

Well, time is flying....quickly....I have a lot of stuff to do in soo little time.
A lot has happened since the last "update". Let me fill you in.

1) I quit my job at the Aveda Academy Salon. After being there for 5 years, I decided that for my last 3 months in Canada that I would like to just relax and be stress free...so now I am at a small little salon in Kits called Poppy Hair Boutique, where I have no worries other than my own.

2) Owen picked up a second job washing dishes 4 nights a week at Watermark Restauraunt on Kits Beach....he hates it, and has given his notice for the beginning of August.

Owen & I have almost amassed all of our gear for the trip, and our bags are pretty full. I have been getting a lot of comments from people that my 42L backpack is not big enough...and they have been questioning my intelligence based on the fact that I do not desire to lug a huge bag around the world with me. Granted, my bag is at full capacity, but as far as Im concerned, I will be getting rid of more stuff than I will be aquiring, so I have nothing really to worry about. Plus...Owen's bag is bigger than mine, so if need be, I'll donate some things to him to carry....haha..
I am going to post pics of everything that I am bringing, but will do so when my collection of items is complete.

Right now our main concern is still finding a home for my kitties...its a hard one, nobody out there is receptive to my pleas....it's a bit disheartening, but Im not leaving until the perfect home is found and they are rolling around comfortably on someone else's floor. The other priority has been clearing our apartment of all that we own. It is amazing how much "stuff" we've aquired over the past 5 years. So, to anyone that wants anything that I have: call me, you can take it (for a small fee)!!

My brother and his girlfriend Sarah were here to visit just before leaving on their ultimate world trip. They've been travelling for 6 weeks now, and although I haven't heard much from them, through the few pictures and updates from my mom, it is clearly evident that they are getting the most out of their trip so far. The pictures are amazing, and they look so happy....it makes the fact that our trip is upon us so much more exciting. I only hope that we have as much fun as they are (our savings are significantly less).

Dan & Sarah in Italy


Anyhow, these pre-trip updates are hopefully not as boring to you as they are to me...not to worry tho, one more, then the real good stuff will take its place. First stop: Mexico.... I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your love!!! We look foreward to hearing from you!